Recent Air Quality Data for Golden BC March 10-17, 2017
Great to see the dust levels down to acceptable levels last week. Of course this is mainly because we had some good precipitation (too much for some low lying buildings or people without rain boots!) As soon as the roads dry out the dust starts kicking up, especially if the winds are high. Ah, the […]
Wood Stove Exchange Rebate Program for Golden Extended for 2017
The Golden and District Air Quality Committee is offering air quality rebates to residents of the Town of Golden and CSRD Area A to off-set the purchase of an EPA/CSA approved wood stove, or another less polluting heating appliance, to replace an old, inefficient wood stove. Funding is provided by the Provincial Wood Stove Exchange […]
Wood Stoves Must be Burned as Cleanly as Possible
Smoke from wood stoves is air pollution that can lead to serious health effects for many Golden residents. Remember that if you are operating an older, inefficient wood stove that emits visible smoke, you are likely burning much more wood than necessary to heat your home. Smoke is essentially unburned and wasted fuel. Smoke represents an […]
Who Are We?
The Golden and District Air Quality Committee is a society open to all Golden residents, industry, local and regional government dedicated to working together to ensure healthy local air and a good quality of life for our community.
- Work together as a community to solve air quality issues
- Research to improve our understanding of air quality
- Assist in administering programs such as the Wood Stove Exchange
Resources for Teachers and Youth
- A Teacher's Guide to Clean Air (with activities at the back)
- Breathtaking Discoveries: Exploring the Issues and Connections between Human Activity, Air Quality and Health (PDF: 1,565 KB/3 pages)