Recent Air Quality Data in Golden
Golden Air Quality Monitoring Station Data February 27 to March 4, 2016 The end of February in Golden was still dusty and smoky sending the monitor up as high as 120 micrograms per cubic meter on Feb 28th. Then a combination of warmer weather with rain and Town street sweeping got things back down to […]
New Wood Stove Exchange Rebate Program for Golden 2016
The Golden and District Air Quality Committee has recently been granted additional funding from the Provincial Wood Stove Exchange Program and the British Columbia Lung Association to provide rebates to residents of Golden who upgrade to new, less polluting wood stoves. The program begins in March of 2016 and will continue while vouchers last. The […]
Dust Advisories Issued for Golden
(February 26th 2016 – Kamloops) The Ministry of Environment has continued a Dust Advisory issued Tuesday February 23, 2016 for Golden because of high concentrations of dust that are expected to persist until there is a change in weather conditions. The Ministry recommends that residents avoid strenuous outdoor activities. Staying indoors with windows and doors […]
Who Are We?
The Golden and District Air Quality Committee is a society open to all Golden residents, industry, local and regional government dedicated to working together to ensure healthy local air and a good quality of life for our community.
- Work together as a community to solve air quality issues
- Research to improve our understanding of air quality
- Assist in administering programs such as the Wood Stove Exchange
Resources for Teachers and Youth
- A Teacher's Guide to Clean Air (with activities at the back)
- Breathtaking Discoveries: Exploring the Issues and Connections between Human Activity, Air Quality and Health (PDF: 1,565 KB/3 pages)